We hope all of you are doing well in these trying times we are currently in. It appears that with all the hard work and thoughtful precautions this community has taken over the last two months, South Lake Tahoe is beginning the process of opening up again.
As of Monday May 18th, we will open back up to see patients we have had to cancel over the last two months for restorative treatment only. We plan to begin preventive treatment with our dental hygienists soon.
We are being careful to keep up to date with the latest in recommendations in infection control from OSHA and the CDC. There is a new normal now as I am sure you are all aware of. Some of the changes you can expect here are:
- We will be asking you some screening questions when we call to confirm your appointment the day before.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will be asking these questions again and taking your temperature with a contactless forehead thermometer. We also ask that you wear a mask or face covering.
- In our reception area and treatment rooms, we will have hand sanitizer available for you.
You will also notice we no longer have magazines and toys available for use.
- We will be managing appointments to minimize the number of people in our office at one time and give us time to even more thoroughly disinfect both treatment and reception areas.
- We ask that whenever possible, only the patient enter the office, with the exception of children and those with caregivers or translators. The remainder of your party can wait outside or in their car.
- You can call us when you arrive, stay outside or in your car and we can notify when your chair is ready for you to come inside.
We miss all of you and look forward to seeing each of you again soon. Stay safe and stay healthy!